Square lidded ritual wine container (fangyi) with taotie, serpents, and birds
- Previous custodian or owner
- Tonying and Company 通運公司
- To 1930
- Tonying and Company, New York, to 1930 
- From 1930
- Freer Gallery of Art, purchased from Tonying and Company, New York, in 1930 
-  Object file, undated folder sheet note. See also Freer Gallery of Art Purchase List file, Collections Management Office.
-  See note 1.
- Related Online Resources
- Google Cultural Institute
- See more items in
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery Collection
- ca. 1050-975 BCE
- Early Western Zhou dynasty
- Accession Number
- Credit Line
- Purchase — Charles Lang Freer Endowment
- Western Zhou dynasty (ca. 1050 - 771 BCE)
- Chinese Art
- Luoyang, Henan province, China
- H x W x D: 35.3 x 24.8 x 23.3 cm (13 7/8 x 9 3/4 x 9 3/16 in)
- Data Source
- Freer Gallery of Art and Arthur M. Sackler Gallery
- Restrictions & Rights
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage
Related Object Groups
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
We also suggest that users:
- Give attribution to the Smithsonian.
- Contribute back any modifications or improvements.
- Do not mislead others or misrepresent the datasets or its sources.
- Be responsible.