Figure of a Dancer
- Catalogue Status
- Research in Progress
- Figure in long flowing gown, full sleeves. Head thrown back, turned to right. Right arm upraised, flexed, palm turned outward. Left hand gathers gown at waist. Sandaled left foot appears at back.
- ca. 1900
- Sèvres Porcelain Manufactory, French, established 1756
- Agathon Léonard, b. in Belgium, active in France, 1841–1923
- made in
- See more items in
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum Collection
- Product Design and Decorative Arts Department
- Credit Line
- Gift of Mr. and Mrs. John W. Alexander
- Data Source
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Accession Number
- Decorative Arts
- Object Name
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- biscuit porcelain
- H x W x D: 46 x 24 x 22 cm (18 1/8 x 9 7/16 x 8 11/16 in.)
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage
- Not determined
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
We also suggest that users:
- Give attribution to the Smithsonian.
- Contribute back any modifications or improvements.
- Do not mislead others or misrepresent the datasets or its sources.
- Be responsible.