Figure of a Dancer
- Catalogue Status
- Research in Progress
- Figure in long flowing gown, full sleeves. Head thrown back, turned to right. Right arm upraised, flexed, palm turned outward. Left hand gathers gown at waist. Sandaled left foot appears at back.
- See more items in
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum Collection
- Product Design and Decorative Arts Department
- ca. 1900
- Accession Number
- Credit Line
- Gift of Mr. and Mrs. John W. Alexander
- Sèvres Porcelain Manufactory, French, established 1756 to the present
- Agathon Léonard, b. in Belgium, active in France, 1841–1923
- made in
- porcelain (bisque)
- Data Source
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Restrictions & Rights
- Usage conditions apply
- Decorative Arts
- Figure of a Dancer
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage
- Not determined
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
We also suggest that users:
- Give attribution to the Smithsonian.
- Contribute back any modifications or improvements.
- Do not mislead others or misrepresent the datasets or its sources.
- Be responsible.