Gorilla gorilla gorilla: Mandible
- Right and left hands found in rotunda hallway, Summer 2017, numbered #220060 in pencil, then-articulated with mis-matched radia/ulna of A22460. Hand patina is different than rest of this skeleton, perhaps processed for exhibit. Suspected match, but not confirmed.
- Record Last Modified
- 10 Apr 2020
- Specimen Count
- Collection Date
- 9 Dec 1917
- See more items in
- Vertebrate Zoology
- Other Numbers
- Mammals Field Number : 429
- USNM Number
- C. R. Aschemeier
- Published Name
- Gorilla gorilla gorilla
- Gorilla gorilla
- Fernan Vaz, Mperi, Gabon, Africa
- Data Source
- NMNH - Vertebrate Zoology - Mammals Division
- Animalia, Chordata, Vertebrata, Mammalia, Eutheria, Primates, Haplorrhini, Hominidae
- Record ID
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
We also suggest that users:
- Give attribution to the Smithsonian.
- Contribute back any modifications or improvements.
- Do not mislead others or misrepresent the datasets or its sources.
- Be responsible.