Letter opener for the Black Star Line
- A letter opener carved from ebony wood with a depiction of Kwame Nkrumah at the figurehead terminal and a long, tapered blade with a warm patina. Imprinted into the proper right side of the blade are the words [SHIP WITH BLACK STAR LINE]. There are some nicks and other marks along the blade.
- See more items in
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Collection
- Tools and Equipment-Personal use
- ca. 1960
- Object number
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Created by
- Subject of
- Black Star Line, Ghanaian, 1957 - 1999
- African American
- Place made
- Ghana, West Africa, Africa
- H x W x D: 8 × 1 × 3/4 in. (20.3 × 2.5 × 1.9 cm)
- Data Source
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Restrictions & Rights
- No Known Copyright Restrictions
- letter openers
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
We also suggest that users:
- Give attribution to the Smithsonian.
- Contribute back any modifications or improvements.
- Do not mislead others or misrepresent the datasets or its sources.
- Be responsible.