Refrigerator patent model made by Thomas Elkins
- A patent model of Thomas Elkins' refrigerator design. The model is metal with ceramic interior. The exterior is tarnished and has a design on the top. On one end there is a spout that looks like a funnel. There is a wood base with eighteen holes in the bottom of the model.
- Created by
- Thomas Elkins, American
- African American
- See more items in
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Collection
- Tools and Equipment
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Data Source
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Object number
- models (representations)
- Restrictions & Rights
- No Known Copyright Restrictions
- Proper usage is the responsibility of the user.
- metal , ceramic , paint , wood
- H x W x D: 4 x 3 15/16 x 9 3/4 in. (10.2 x 10 x 24.8 cm)
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
We also suggest that users:
- Give attribution to the Smithsonian.
- Contribute back any modifications or improvements.
- Do not mislead others or misrepresent the datasets or its sources.
- Be responsible.