Refrigerator patent model made by Thomas Elkins
- A patent model of Thomas Elkins' refrigerator design. The model is metal with ceramic interior. The exterior is tarnished and has a design on the top. On one end there is a spout that looks like a funnel. There is a wood base with eighteen holes in the bottom of the model.
- See more items in
- National Museum of African American History and Culture Collection
- Tools and Equipment-Culinary
- Object number
- Credit Line
- Collection of the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Created by
- Thomas Elkins, American
- African American
- metal , ceramic , paint , wood
- H x W x D: 4 x 3 15/16 x 9 3/4 in. (10.2 x 10 x 24.8 cm)
- Data Source
- National Museum of African American History and Culture
- Restrictions & Rights
- No Known Copyright Restrictions
- models (representations)
- Record ID
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
We also suggest that users:
- Give attribution to the Smithsonian.
- Contribute back any modifications or improvements.
- Do not mislead others or misrepresent the datasets or its sources.
- Be responsible.