- The pierced back splat and crest carved in rococo style with foliate decoration; the knees of the front cabriole legs with carved rococo foliate scroll decoration descending to hairy paw feet. The tapered and raked rear legs with stretcher between. Upholstery replaced.
- made in
- probably Birmingham, England
- See more items in
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum Collection
- Product Design and Decorative Arts Department
- Credit Line
- Museum purchase from General Acquisitions Endowment Fund
- Data Source
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Accession Number
- Decorative Arts
- Object Name
- Restrictions & Rights
- red walnut, silk damask (modern)
- H x W x D: 95.5 x 62 x 57.5 cm (37 5/8 x 24 7/16 x 22 5/8 in.)
- Record ID
- Metadata Usage
This image is in the public domain (free of copyright restrictions). You can copy, modify, and distribute this work without contacting the Smithsonian. For more information, visit the Smithsonian's Open Access page.
We also suggest that users:
- Give attribution to the Smithsonian.
- Contribute back any modifications or improvements.
- Do not mislead others or misrepresent the datasets or its sources.
- Be responsible.