- The pierced back splat and crest carved in rococo style with foliate decoration; the knees of the front cabriole legs with carved rococo foliate scroll decoration descending to hairy paw feet. The tapered and raked rear legs with stretcher between. Upholstery replaced.
- See more items in
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum Collection
- Product Design and Decorative Arts Department
- Accession Number
- Credit Line
- Museum purchase from General Acquisitions Endowment Fund
- made in
- probably Birmingham, England
- red walnut, silk damask (modern)
- Data Source
- Cooper Hewitt, Smithsonian Design Museum
- Decorative Arts
- Object Name
- Record ID
We also suggest that users:
- Give attribution to the Smithsonian.
- Contribute back any modifications or improvements.
- Do not mislead others or misrepresent the datasets or its sources.
- Be responsible.