We were working on creating a tool to allow our curators to highlight specific areas of interest on a model, and we realized it could be used for fun, creative purposes as well!
Add some color to a Smithsonian object!
To get started:
- In the Voyager window, select your model name (wooly-mammoth) in the "Nodes" menu on the left
- Select a color and brush size in the "Paint" menu
Navigate between "Interact"
to move the model and paint on it's surface
- You can paint on the model or on to the texture map on the "Paint Texture Map" menu
- Notice the other options under the "Paint" menu for erasing, filling the entire model with color, and clearing the model of color.
- When your masterpiece is complete, you can pose it in the "Explorer" pane and select "Save Screenshot" in the top right! Post your creation on social media and tag us: @smithsonian3d